Friday, December 18, 2015

Crazy Cat Lady: My Cats


As I update this Blog in preparation for the passing of another year, and a New Year dawning soon: mention of my two new family additions seems appropriate.   Oscar and Ernie joined our household in October 2015.  They are both rescues from the local Humane Society. Oscar was about 4 months old when I adopted him, and Ernie was about 6 months old.   They are typical active, happy, playful kittens who keep me entertaind and sleep-deprived (they love to wake up in the middle of the night and chase each other through the house). 


Ernie

Oscar

Earlier that same month, October 2015, I lost my dearest beloved little cat-buddy of 15 years, Shadow Kitty (below).   He too had been a rescue from the humane society. I adopted him when he was about 6 months old.  He was a faithful and loyal friend for 15 years.   He traveled across the United States with me many times by plane and car; on both pleasure and work-related trips, and became my experienced and confident road warrior companion. He was healthy right up to his final few weeks, when his kidneys began to fail as part of the aging process.  He stopped eating and drinking, and then the end came quickly.  He passed peacefully over to the Rainbow Bridge at home, warm and snug in his own bed,  with me gently petting and consoling him.    I will miss him forever. 

Shadow Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and there may be a delay before your comment appears on this blog, at the discretion of the Blog author.